Dental Implants in Little Elm
Dental implants are different from conventional forms of tooth replacement because these prosthetics replace roots, not teeth. During a straightforward procedure, Dr. Suri inserts these tiny titanium posts into the jawbone where tooth loss has occurred. In the months after insertion, healthy bone tissue grows around the post or posts, achieving full stabilization while replicating the structure of natural teeth and their roots. Once implants have been stabilized by bone, an abutment (connector) and restoration can be placed and the smile fully restored.
There are several advantages to dental implant treatment:
- While bridges and dentures require updating and periodic refitting, the titanium posts stabilized by bone can maintain their structural integrity for life
- Implants not only provide the greatest amount of stability for chewing and other oral functions, they lead to the most natural look and feel after tooth loss
- Due to stabilization in the jawbone, just like natural teeth, implants require no support from surrounding teeth and are therefore considered a very conservative treatment option
- The jawbone needs stimulation in order to remain dense and strong. Implants, as replacement roots, maintain the transfer of force from chewing and facilitate the regeneration of bone tissue
- The stability that comes from dental implants enables you to feel confident when you eat, speak, smile, and laugh
Most people who have experienced tooth loss are able to have their smile restored with dental implants. Dr. Suri has completed extensive training in this procedure and has helped many of her patients regain confidence in their smile with dental implants. Whether you have lost one tooth or are facing the choice between dentures or implants, you can feel confident in your treatment choice after consulting with your friendly, professional dentist at Frisco Elm Dental. With our team, you are treated like family!
If you would like to schedule an appointment with us, please call our office to speak with a friendly member of our team.
Frisco Elm Dental
Dr. Vidya Suri
A graduate from University of California San Francisco School of Dentistry, Dr. Vidya Suri is an established dentist who prioritizes her patients and strives to provide them with the best possible dental care. She brings to the table a wealth of knowledge and skills including her ability to pay close attention to the details to provide her patients with the most optimal outcomes that exceed their expectations.
Dr. Suri treats patients of all ages. In order to ensure that she is doing her best, she regularly participates in continuing education courses to stay abreast of new practices, technology, and advancements in the industry. Dr. Suri is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Dental Association.