Are you searching for emergency dental services near me in Little Elm?
Many people consider tooth or mouth pain to be the worst pain imaginable. It can be difficult to know what to do when experiencing the pain of an infected or broken tooth. It’s no wonder so many online searches for “emergency dental near me” are done! If you are in the Little Elm area, and are looking for emergency dental services, we can help! Frisco Elm Dental believes in caring for the community’s needs, which includes helping residents with their urgent dental need. Call us for expert advice and assistance!
What is a dental emergency?
A dental problem that demands immediate attention to save a tooth, stop bleeding, or eliminate extreme pain can be considered a dental emergency. Frisco Elm Dental believes if it’s an issue that is causing you anxiety or stress, it could be considered an urgent enough situation to give us a call.
How to tell if you are having a dental emergency:
- Are you in extreme pain?
- Are any permanent teeth loose?
- Have you lost a permanent tooth?
- Are you bleeding from the mouth?
- Is anywhere in your facial or mouth area swollen?
- Do you have any bulging, swelling, or knots anywhere on your gums?
- Were you hit in the face or mouth due to any type of accident or injury?
- Are you experiencing anxiety because a crown has fallen off, a tooth has chipped, or a tooth has broken? Just give us a call and we can guide you through how to tell if immediate attention is needed.
Preparing for a dental emergency:
While you can’t ever fully prepare for, or prevent, a dental emergency, the following items in a dental kit can assist you in the case of an emergency.
- A small, sterile container with a lid: This is ideal if you lose a permanent tooth. Place milk and the tooth in the container. The sooner you can get to a dentist, the higher possibility the tooth can be placed back in your mouth.
- Name and phone number of your dentist: This isn’t necessarily just in case you are unable to make a call yourself, but it can greatly reduce your anxiety if you have the number available and don’t need to take precious time searching for it.
- Acetaminophen: Ibuprofen and aspirin can act as blood thinners, which can worsen the situation if part of your dental emergency is due to bleeding. The acetaminophen can help reduce pain prior to getting in for dental services.
- Gauze: This can be effective in case of bleeding inside of your mouth or to help with a lost tooth.
- Clean cloth: This is a great item to have if you are bleeding from the mouth, to help stem the flow of blood.
How Frisco Elm Dental is here to help you at any time!
We offer same day care for most dental emergencies. We never turn away a new or existing patient that needs immediate care. If your situation occurs after office hours, please give us a call. All calls are routed to Dr. Suri’s personal number. Dr. Suri can advise whether you are able to wait until the following day for dental care, or if you should head to your nearest emergency room to receive immediate after-hours care. We have extensive experience with urgent cases, as we often see them daily! We strive to get each patient back to a healthy and pain-free state. We accept most insurances and offer specialized emergency visit prices that include the consultation, x-rays, and exam. We give you the care you need.
Don’t suffer any longer from the pain, discomfort, embarrassment, or anxiety about your dental emergency. Give Frisco Elm Dental a call immediately, no matter the time. If it is during business hours, we will strive to get you in today! Our goal is to eliminate your discomfort quickly. (214) 705-7100.