Dentist guides Little Elm, TX patients toward healthy dental hygiene
Kings Dental takes pride in living up to its name, giving each patient “the kings treatment.” When you or your loved ones have pleasant experiences at the dentist’s office, you look forward to seeing Dr. Vidya Suri and her friendly team!
Get into a good habit
It is always preferred to start the journey toward oral health sooner rather than later. Healthy dental hygiene in Little Elm, TX comes down to:
- Consistent, thorough home care.
- Professional check-ups and cleanings at Kings Dental in Garland.
You can’t be at Dr. Suri’s office all the time, nor would you want to be grappling with many problems that require ongoing restorative treatment. It is important to keep your teeth and gums healthy with proper cleaning at home:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice daily. Don’t forget to brush your gums and tongue.
- Since only about 60 percent of food debris is removed with brushing alone, floss at least once daily. Floss both sides of each tooth.
- Consume foods and beverages that are good for your body. They are also good for your teeth and gums. Conversely, sugary drinks like soda, and starchy foods such as potato chips, are full of empty calories. They also promote development of harmful acids that eat your teeth.
Researchers have found it takes as little as 15 days to develop new habits, especially if the action is repeated in a specific context – like brushing being your cue to floss.
While home care is vital, there is no substitute for professional examinations and cleanings. The Kings Dental team has specialized expertise and devices to detect emerging problems such as early-stage gum disease. Our dental assistants have instruments to remove hardened plaque otherwise resistant to standard brushing and flossing.
For your first exam or next check-up, call (214) 705-7100.